Easy and fast oven baked tacos, made with beans, cheese and your favorite taco toppings. Cheesy, crispy, delicious!
Add ground meat or shredded chicken for meat lovers.
- 12 hard taco shells
- 12 to 16 ounces (about 4 to 6 cups) grated cheese (Cheddar, Colby, Monterrey Jack)
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans (pinto or black beans)
- Your favorite taco toppings: sour cream, salsa, avocado, shredded lettuce or cabbage, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Arrange taco shells snugly in a 9x12 or similarly sized baking dish (I often use two smaller baking dishes)
- Sprinkle cheese in a light layer across the bottom of each shell (use half of the cheese)
- Add a spoonful of beans, spreading it out to cover the length of the shell
- Add more cheese on top, sprinkling it across the bean layer. Be very generous with the cheese! I often sprinkle a little extra over the outside of the taco shells too.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce or cabbage, avocado, etc...
- Category: 30 Minutes Meals
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tacos, baked tacos, crispy taco shell, bean and cheese taco,