Rich and gooey almond butter bars with chocolate, vanilla & cinnamon. Plus a pinch of healthy from whole grain oats, whole wheat flour, almond butter, coconut oil and flax seed.
Read the blog post above for ingredient substitutions, if needed.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground flax (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Line a square 8x8 baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang. You need the parchment to lift the bars out of the pan after they're baked.
Combine Bar Ingredients in One Bowl
- In a medium bowl, mix together everything except for the chocolate chips: oats, flour, brown sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, egg, flax, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until completely combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well to combine.
- Spread the batter out evenly in the 8x8 pan, using a spatula and/or your fingers
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes, until the middle of the bars is set and the edges are firm and lightly browned.
- Set the pan on a cooling rack and let the bars cool completely before lifting them out of the pan.
- When the bars are cool, cut into squares.
Storage: The bars taste best if eaten within 3 days.
- Category: Snacks, Treats & Little Things
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond butter bars, almond butter oatmeal bars, almond butter breakfast bars, baked almond butter bars, oatmeal bars