Make your own homemade kefir dressing with just few simple ingredients like kefir, mayonnaise, shallot and chives. This creamy dressing tastes like Ranch!
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened kefir (I prefer full-fat, but low-fat is fine too)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 2 grinds black pepper
- Salt to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon or so
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together all ingredients.
- You can change the flavor of this dressing by adding more fresh herbs. Fresh parsley is especially good. For a brighter flavor, add a squeeze of lemon.
This dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for about 3 or 4 days
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Whisk
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kefir, Ranch dressing, salad dressing