Quinoa Cooking Instructions
Instant Pot (easiest method)
- Combine 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the Instant Pot.
- Cook for 1 minute on high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally (10 minutes). Fluff with a fork.
- Combine 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a pot on the stove.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer, cover, and cook until all of the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
How to Shred Kale
You have two options for shredding kale. The first is pulsing kale leaves or a handful of bagged, chopped kale in the food processor until the leaves are finely chopped. This recipe for kale slaw shows you how. The second method is tearing the leaves from the stems, stacking and rolling the leaves like cigars, then thinly slicing. This video shows you how to cut kale.
Roasting the chickpeas is optional. It gives them a crispier texture. Roasted chickpeas are a tasty salad topping and also good for snacking.
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Drain, rinse and pat dry 1 can of chickpeas.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil. You can also add salt, other spices and/or grated parmesan cheese.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, until the chickpeas are crispy. Stir once or twice while they roast.