Here's a reminder - Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches are an easy and delicious dinner, especially if you cook bacon in the oven.
- 1 to 2 packages bacon (depending on how much your family loves bacon)
- 1 heart of Romaine or small head of iceberg lettuce, leaves washed and separated
- 2 to 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- Bread for each sandwich, sliced and toasted
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line 2 or more large rimmed sheet-pans with foil or parchment.
- Place the strips of bacon directly on the sheet pans, with a little space between each slice.
- Place sheet pans of bacon in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check the bacon and rotate the pans, so the back of the pan is turned to the front of the oven. Continue cooking bacon until it's as crispy as you like. It usually needs a total cooking time of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up grease before serving. (optional)
- While the bacon cooks, slice the tomatoes and toast the bread. Spread mayonnaise on each slice. Layer bacon, lettuce and tomato on the sandwich.
For the crispiest bacon, read the tips in the blog post above.
Thick-cut bacon can also be cooked in the oven, but will take longer to get crispy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: 30 Minutes Meals
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon, BLT, sandwiches