Crispy, crunchy roasted frozen cauliflower with garlicky breadcrumbs is an easy, fast & flavorful vegetable side dish for dinner.
To make a main dish, toss the cauliflower and breadcrumbs with pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower florets (32 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste after the cauliflower is cooked
- Heat oven to 425 degrees CONVECTION ROAST.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment (otherwise, the panko and frozen cauliflower will stick to the pan)
- On the baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, garlic powder and salt.
- Sprinkle the panko and seasonings evenly over the pan, covering the cauliflower and letting some of the panko cover the pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes without mixing or turning the frozen cauliflower, then drizzle another tablespoon or so of olive oil over the cauliflower and panko if the pan seems dry (don’t mix).
- Roast at least another 5 minutes, for a total cooking time of 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is browned to your liking. I often keep the pan in the oven for closer to 30 minutes, as long as the breadcrumbs aren't getting too dark.
You can make this recipe without the panko and garlic powder. Just toss frozen cauliflower in a light coating of olive oil and salt, and roast at 425 degrees CONVECTION ROAST for 20 to 30 minutes.
A convection oven will often have two settings, "convection bake" and "convection roast." For this recipe, use convection roast if it's an option on your oven.
Storage: This dish will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, but it really tastes best and has the best texture the day it is made.
- Category: side dishes
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen roasted cauliflower, frozen cauliflower, frozen roasted veggies