If you love artichoke spinach dip, you'll love this pasta. It's rich and creamy with lots of artichoke flavor. And, it's made in your Instant Pot! Serve as a main course or with chicken breast or salmon on the side.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 8 ounces frozen, chopped spinach
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- First, take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator so it warms up to room temperature. Cut the cream cheese into small cubes.
- Next, roughly chop one can of artichoke hearts. Leave the other can of artichoke hearts whole.
- Select the saute setting on the Instant Pot. Add the butter, shallot and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, just until shallot begins to soften. Before the shallot and garlic begin to brown, add the vegetable (or chicken) stock.
- Add the frozen spinach and stir to defrost, then added the artichoke hearts. Press the cancel button to shut off the saute function.
- Add the pasta. Press down gently (I use my hand) so the noodles are flat and mostly submerged under the stock. It’s okay if the noodles aren’t completely covered with liquid.
- Secure the lid and set the release valve to sealing. Program the manual setting for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the Instant pot is done cooking, immediately move the pressure release valve to venting to release any remaining steam.
- Open the pot and stir in the cream cheese, parmesan, pecorino and whipping cream. Let the pasta sit for about 5 minutes before serving, stirring several times, until the cream cheese melts completely. Garnish with fresh parsley.
I’ve found that short, thick pasta like bowties and penne cook best in the Instant Pot. Long noodles and small shapes get too mushy.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Instant Pot pasta, artichoke pasta