Just 8 ingredients and 8 minutes is all it takes to cook this amazing Filipino Chicken Adobo in your Instant Pot. This boldly flavored dish is an easy family dinner with tons of flavor. It's even better the next day!
Total Instant Pot Cooking Time: 10 minutes to reach pressure + 8 minutes cooking time + natural release.
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar or white vinegar
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with your palm
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in the Instant Pot: vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, black pepper, garlic, ginger and bay leaf. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and mix well to coat in the sauce.
- Secure the lid, making sure the steam release valve is in the sealed position. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. When the cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally (takes about 10 minutes).
- Shred the chicken and serve with the sauce, ideally over rice.
This recipe is made in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Chicken Adobo tastes great a day or two after it's made, making it a great meal prep recipe.
Make sure to use low-sodium soy sauce, otherwise the sauce will be too salty
- Category: chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: chicken adobo, filipino chicken adobo, filipino adobo, instant pot chicken, instant pot chicken adobo