Perfectly cooked, buttery egg noodles! Instant Pot egg noodles cook in just 1 or 2 minutes and can be turned into a comforting, flavorful meal.
Total Instant Pot Cooking Time: 10 minutes to reach pressure + 1 or 2 minute cooking time + quick release
- 8 ounces egg noodles (wide or extra wide)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine water and salt in the Instant Pot
- Add the egg noodles. Stir the noodles so they get wet. The noodles won't be completely submerged in water. That's okay.
- Secure the lid, making sure the steam release valve is in the sealed position
- Cook for 2 minutes on high pressure. For more al dente noodles, cook for 1 minute on high pressure.
- Do a quick release when the cooking time is complete. Watch out for steam and starchy liquid that will spew from the steam release valve. (I often drape a towel loosely over the valve, although this isn't officially recommended)
- Remove the lid and stir the noodles well.
- Let the egg noodles rest. At this point, the noodles are mostly cooked, but might need a few more minutes to reach the perfect texture. Set the lid back on the pot for another minute or two, the mix again and try the noodles. Keep doing this until they're cooked to your liking.
- Add butter and gently mix.
- Transfer the noodles to a serving dish.
Use the same cooking time for 12 or 16 ounces of noodles, but adjust the amount of water and salt.
12 ounces = 3 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt
16 ounces = 4 cups water 3/4 teaspoon salt
Be careful when releasing the steam - because the pot is so full, more starchy water will spew out.
This recipe is for regular, wide or extra wide egg noodles, not fine egg noodles (which are more similar to angel hair pasta)
This recipe was tested in a 6 quart Instant Pot
- Category: Instant Pot
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg noodles, instant pot egg noodles, pressure cooker egg noodles