Instant Pot Lemon & Parsley Cabbage has a soft, buttery texture and mellow cabbage flavor spiked with garlic, lemon and parsley. It's a really easy way to cook cabbage for a quick and flavorful side dish.
Total Instant Pot Cooking Time: 10 minutes to reach pressure + 2 minutes at high pressure + Quick release
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (or olive oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (or dill)
- Salt to taste
- Cut the cabbage into quarters. Cut away the core attached to the bottom of each quarter.
- Slice each quarter crosswise into pieces that are 1-inch wide.
- Press the Saute button to heat the insert. When it is hot, add the butter and garlic.
- Cook the butter and garlic just long enough to melt the butter and lightly brown the garlic (less than a minute)
- Add the water.
- Add the cabbage. A whole head will fill up ¾ of the pot.
- Lock the lid in place. Make sure the steam release valve is in the sealed position.
- Press Manual/Pressure Cook and cook for 2 minutes on high pressure. This will make cabbage that is very tender but still has a slight firmness that you can stick a fork into. If you like really soft cabbage, then bump the cooking time up to 3 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure by immediately turning the release valve to venting when the cooking time is done.
- Stir the cabbage well to cover all the leaves in the flavorful garlic broth at the bottom.
- Stir in parsley and lemon. Add salt to taste
This recipe is made in a 6-quart Instant Pot
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot cabbage, cabbage, cooked cabbage