An incredibly quick and easy soup that combines Instant Pot Pho broth with ramen noodles. No prep work, 7 ingredients and just 8 minutes in your pressure cooker!
Total Instant Pot Cooking Time: 10 minutes to reach pressure + 8 minutes at high pressure + quick release
- 8 cups broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 or 2 inches of ginger, rinsed and chopped into chunks
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 3-ounce packages dried Ramen noodles* (discard seasoning packs, or save in you pantry for another meal)
*I buy Top Ramen or Maruchan. See blog post above for other noodle options.
- Combine broth, ginger, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and fish sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid, making sure the steam release valve is in the sealed position.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure by turning the steam release valve to venting. I lay a towel over the valve first so liquid doesn’t splatter out.
- Use tongs to remove the cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and ginger pieces (or just remove them from your bowl as you eat)
- Bring the broth to a simmer by pressing the Saute button
- Add the ramen noodles and simmer for 3 minutes.
Fish sauce is optional, but it does add good flavor to the soup. If you're vegetarian, just skip it.
Fish sauce can also be added to individual soup bowls after the soup is cooked, for those who want it.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: pho, instant pot pho, ramen, instant pot ramen