This is one of my favorite sheet pan chicken recipes. The chicken marinade is so flavorful! (Although I have to admit, the broccoli might be my favorite part of this meal).
Don't forget - the chicken needs to marinate at least 4 hours, or overnight. I marinate the chicken the night before and just pop it in the oven 30 minutes before dinner.
There's enough marinade for up to 8 chicken thighs, and you can easily double the recipe to make twice that.
- 4 to 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 to 3 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2-inch piece of peeled ginger, thinly sliced or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 or 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients: garlic, ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, fish sauce.
- Put the chicken and lemon slices in a container to marinate. The container should make is easy for the marinade to cover all the chicken. I use either a large Ziploc plastic bag or a wide glass dish or Tupperware container.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs and lemon slices. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. I usually put the chicken in the marinade the night before, so it’s ready to go in the oven the next evening for dinner. If you can, flip the chicken once or twice while it’s marinating.
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Get out 2 large, rimmed sheet pans. I cover the sheet pans with parchment paper for easier cleanup. Soy sauce can really stick to pans!
- Spread the broccoli florets out over both sheet pans. Coat the broccoli very lightly in oil.
- Shake excess marinade off the chicken as you place the chicken thighs (skin side up) and lemon slices on the sheet pans with the broccoli. Don’t salt the broccoli or chicken; the marinade is plenty salty.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the internal temp of the chicken is 165 F and the chicken is deeply browned.
I usually serve this meal with rice on the side. If you start the rice at the same time that the chicken and broccoli go in the oven, it will be done at almost the same time.
There is enough marinade for up to 8 chicken thighs. Don’t hesitate to cook 8 thighs or double the marinade and cook even more - this chicken is delicious cold the next day!
- Category: chicken
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: Asian inspired
Keywords: sheet pan chicken, sheet pan meal, easy dinner recipe, chicken