A deeply flavorful soy sauce marinade makes this sheet-pan chicken and broccoli a favorite, easy dinner. This meal comes together with very little prep work or clean-up. A go-to dinner recipe that's always a hit!
You know when you're staring at a blank piece of paper, trying to come up with a meal plan for the week and you can't come up with one single meal? It's as if you've never cooked dinner for your family before.
This happens to me for two different reasons.
- I'm done. All my brain cells have fizzled out, overloaded by the minutia of keeping a household running each week. How is it possible that we're out of food already? Do I really need to come up with another week's worth of meals again? Ugh.
- My brain is muddled by choices. We could have pasta with meat sauce, that's easy...but we're trying to eat more plant-based, so maybe tofu...but maybe I should look on Pinterest and find something new.....or what about veggie burgers from that one cookbook...or should I just make that pasta with meat sauce?
I know you've been there. Whether you meal plan meticulously or you wing-it, we've all got to come up with some sort of plan to feed our family each week.
When I can't think of anything to feed my family, this recipe for sheet-pan chicken and broccoli appears like a life preserver saving me from drowning at sea.
Why I Love This Recipe
- I'm always amazed by how flavorful this meal is. This is not bland chicken.
- It's easy! Marinate the night before, then just slide the chicken into the oven.
- The veg, broccoli, cooks alongside on the chicken on the same sheet-pan.
- It can be made in large batches.
- It can be served hot or cold.
- It goes well with all sorts of other sides: rice, grains, noodles, or cabbage slaw.
If that list of reasons didn't convince you, then take a look at the ingredients that go into this incredibly flavorful marinade.
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Fish sauce
The chicken is incredible, but the broccoli just might be my favorite part. It soaks up the flavors of the marinade as it cooks with the chicken. It's crispy around the edges and melts in your mouth.
So, there you go. You now have at least one recipe for your meal plan next week. And I'm willing to bet this sheet-pan chicken and broccoli will become part of your regular dinner rotation.
Looking For More Sheet-Pan Chicken?
- Sheet-pan Chicken and Potatoes with Citrus & Thyme
- Sheet-pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Cauliflower
- Sheet-pan Greek Chicken Breasts
How to Cook Rice in Your Instant Pot
Put a batch of rice in the Instant Pot when the chicken and broccoli go into the oven, and your whole dinner will be ready at the same time.
Instant Pot White Rice
Ingredients: 2 cups white rice + 2 cups water
Instructions: Rinse the rice briefly under running water. Add the rice to the Instant Pot with the water. Seal the lid, set valve to sealing. Press the "rice" setting. When the cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally or manually release steam after 10 minutes.
Instant Pot Brown Rice
2 cups brown rice + 2 ¼ cups water
Rinse the rice briefly under running water. Add the rice to the Instant Pot with the water. Select the manual setting and adjust the cooking time to 22 minutes. When the cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally or manually release steam after 10 minutes.
More Chicken Dinners
- Instant Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Soy Sauce Chicken and Rice
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
- Chickpea Stew with Chicken and Potatoes