Instant Pot soy sauce chicken and rice is an easy dinner with just 5 minutes of prep. The rice is lightly flavored with soy sauce, sesame oil and just a drizzle of maple syrup.
This is a chicken and rice medley that's so easy to make but so darn good. It's comfort food, with mild, pleasing flavors.
The chicken is tender, the rice has an addictive sweet & salty flavor and the combination of the two makes for a really satisfying meal.
This dinner truly only takes 5 minutes of prep work, and you can throw it together while feeling completely harried and having to step over a child who's having a meltdown on the kitchen floor (ask me how I know).
- Place boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the Instant Pot
- Rinse white rice
- Sprinkle white rice on top of the chicken
- Add water, soy sauce, sesame oil and maple syrup
- Press the Rice button on the Instant Pot (12 minutes, low pressure)
To make a full meal, serve an easy veggie on the side
- Frozen peas
- Steamed Broccoli
- Green beans
- Sauteed spinach or kale
- Raw carrot and cucumber sticks
More Simple and Fast Dinner Recipes
- 4-Ingredient Sushi Bowls for Kids
- One-Pot Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Kale
- Easy Weeknight Tofu
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Pho with Ramen Noodles
Does this recipe make you hungry? Subscribe to the Kitchen Skip newsletter for more easy dinner recipes.