Your family will love this easy one-skillet butter bean recipe, made with pizza cheese, baby spinach, tomato and garlic.
I like to serve this one-skillet dinner with garlic bread or toasted baguette and arugula salad on the side.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 16-ounce cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 8 ounce bag grated Pizza cheese or 3 to 4 cups grated cheese, such as Asiago, low-moisture Mozzarella or other Italian cheese
- Fresh basil, oregano or thyme for garnish
- Serve with garlic bread or toasted baguette
- Heat oven to 475 F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 10 to 12 inch ovenproof skillet
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds
- Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute more, stirring almost constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the water and bring to a boil, stirring to blend the water in with the oil and tomato paste.
- Add the beans, spinach and HALF of the cheese. Mix well.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the tomato sauce is bubbly.
- Snip fresh herbs over the butter beans before serving with garlic bread, or your favorite toasted bread
- Category: 30 Minutes Meals
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: butter beans, butter bean recipe, baked white beans, pizza cheese, pizza beans