I crave this noodle salad whenever I want a simple meal with big, bold flavor. It's especially good on hot summer days. To make this simple meal, rice noodles are tossed with crunchy cabbage, carrots and cucumbers, fresh herbs, and a funky and flavorful lime dressing.
This recipe was updated 6/21/2021
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Cold Rice Noodle Salad
- 8 ounces rice noodles (any width) or regular angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti noodles
- ½ a head green cabbage, thinly sliced (Or, just buy a bag of shredded coleslaw)
- 4 carrots, grated
- 3 Persian cucumbers, cut into thin rounds
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Sriracha hot sauce or red pepper flakes
- Protein such as easy weeknight tofu, leftover chicken, steak or pork, shrimp or salmon
- Egg rolls
- Whisk together water, fish sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar and brown sugar to make the dressing. Set aside, giving the sugar time to dissolve.
- Prep all of your salad ingredients (cabbage, carrots, cucumber, herbs, tofu or other protein) before cooking the noodles.
- Cook the rice noodles or regular pasta according to package instructions. For rice noodles, you can also follow my detailed instructions for how to cook rice noodles. Rinse the noodles briefly in cold water to chill.
- To serve, each person can build their own bowl of noodles, cabbage and carrots, cucumber, fresh herbs, peanuts, protein and dressing.
This salad keeps best if each ingredient (dressing, noodles, slaw) is stored separately in the refrigerator and the salad is tossed in bowls right before eating.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: rice noodles, rice noodles salad, lime dressing,