Big, bold, bright flavors come together in this bowl of cold rice noodles, crunchy slaw, tofu, fresh herbs and lime dressing.
The flavors in this cold rice noodle salad are bright and bold. It's an especially refreshing meal on a hot summer day, or whenever you're craving new flavors.
In this easy recipe, I toss cold rice noodles with crunchy slaw, fresh mint & cilantro and a funky and flavorful dressing. If you're not familiar with rice noodles, my recipe "how to cook rice noodles" will tell you everything you need to know.
Looking for more rice noodle recipes? Try rice noodles with egg and shrimp or rice noodles with vegetables.
I like having some protein in this noodle salad, so I usually make easy weeknight tofu to go on top. Leftover chicken breast is fantastic on this salad. Cold shrimp is also good. Or skip the protein and add just add store-bought egg rolls!
P.S. To make this cold rice noodle salad recipe even easier, buy a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw instead of shredding cabbage and carrots yourself!
Does this recipe make you hungry?
to the Kitchen Skip newsletter
for helpful tips, easy recipes
& good conversation
More Cold Salad Recipes
Cold Rice Noodle Salad with Lime Dressing
I crave this noodle salad whenever I want a simple meal with big, bold flavor. It's especially good on hot summer days. To make this simple meal, rice noodles are tossed with crunchy cabbage, carrots and cucumbers, fresh herbs, and a funky and flavorful lime dressing.
This recipe was updated 6/21/2021
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Cold Rice Noodle Salad
- 8 ounces rice noodles (any width) or regular angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti noodles
- ½ a head green cabbage, thinly sliced (Or, just buy a bag of shredded coleslaw)
- 4 carrots, grated
- 3 Persian cucumbers, cut into thin rounds
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Sriracha hot sauce or red pepper flakes
- Protein such as easy weeknight tofu, leftover chicken, steak or pork, shrimp or salmon
- Egg rolls
- Whisk together water, fish sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar and brown sugar to make the dressing. Set aside, giving the sugar time to dissolve.
- Prep all of your salad ingredients (cabbage, carrots, cucumber, herbs, tofu or other protein) before cooking the noodles.
- Cook the rice noodles or regular pasta according to package instructions. For rice noodles, you can also follow my detailed instructions for how to cook rice noodles. Rinse the noodles briefly in cold water to chill.
- To serve, each person can build their own bowl of noodles, cabbage and carrots, cucumber, fresh herbs, peanuts, protein and dressing.
This salad keeps best if each ingredient (dressing, noodles, slaw) is stored separately in the refrigerator and the salad is tossed in bowls right before eating.
Keywords: rice noodles, rice noodles salad, lime dressing,
The recipe is great,nice light meal! However the quantity of dressing is not sufficient for four bowls. I doubled the dressing recipe and it was great.
I love the bold, zippy flavors in this noodles salad. Very refreshing!