This turkey bacon sandwich is inspired by the Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich. Made with turkey bacon, cheddar and egg whites, it's a protein-packed breakfast sandwich that's also delicious for dinner!
Whether you eat this turkey bacon sandwich for breakfast or dinner, it will end up being your favorite way to eat turkey bacon.
Salty bacon, melted cheese, fluffy egg whites and a whole wheat English muffin make this sandwich both satisfying and healthy-ish.
Inspired by a Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich, you can make this breakfast sandwich with exactly the same ingredients or use the suggested substitutions.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Turkey bacon: Follow my recipe "How to Bake Turkey Bacon" for perfectly cooked turkey bacon. You can also use regular pork bacon. For an entirely different but equally delicious sandwich, use plant-based breakfast sausage.
English muffin: Choose either whole wheat or white English muffins.
Cheddar cheese: The Starbucks sandwich uses low-fat sliced white cheddar (personally, I always prefer full-fat cheese). For convenience, you can use either pre-sliced or grated Cheddar. Or, use another type of cheese like Monterey jack, pepper jack, sliced Swiss or Gruyere.
Egg whites: Using only egg whites keeps this sandwich light and fluffy. You can separate whites and yolks from eggs or buy liquid egg whites. You can also make this sandwich using the entire egg, if that's your preference.
Step 1: Cook the turkey bacon.
Step 2: Toast English muffins
Step 3: Scramble egg whites
Step 4: Add cheese. Set a lid on the pan until the cheese melts.
And finally, combine the ingredients to make a cheesy egg sandwich with salty turkey bacon and buttery English muffins!
Add More Flavor
For more flavor, consider adding sliced green or red onion, fresh chives or parsley or red pepper flakes.
Does this recipe make you hungry?
to the Kitchen Skip newsletter
for helpful tips, easy recipes
& good conversation
Turkey Bacon Sandwich
Inspired by a Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich, this protein-packed turkey bacon sandwich can be served for lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Chicken and Turkey
- Method: Saute and toast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 4 egg whites or ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 to 4 slices of cheddar cheese or ½ cup grated cheese
- Butter or olive oil, for frying the egg whites and spreading on the English muffins
Optional ingredients: chives, other fresh herbs, green onion, red onion, red pepper flakes
- First, cook the turkey bacon. This recipe, “how to bake turkey bacon” also includes instructions for pan-frying, microwaving or using an air fryer to cook the bacon.
- When the bacon is cooked, heat a teaspoon of butter or oil in a small non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the egg whites to the pan. Let the egg whites set for about 10 seconds, then use a spatula to gently scramble the egg whites. Keep the heat on medium or medium-low so that the egg whites don't cook too quickly. When completely cooked, the egg whites should be soft and fluffy and no longer watery.
- You can flavor your egg whites if you want - add chives, green onion, red pepper flakes, red onion or fresh herbs.
- You can add grated cheddar as the egg whites cook, or wait until the egg whites are mostly cooked but still a little bit watery and add sliced cheese.
- If using sliced cheese, turn off the heat and put a lid over the pan once you lay the slices over the egg whites. Let the pan set for about 1 minute, until the cheese is melted.
- Toast your English muffins.
- Spread butter or drizzle olive oil on the toasted English muffin. Add the egg white with cheese, then the turkey bacon.
For ingredients substitutions, see the blog post above.
Keywords: turkey bacon sandwich, Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich, turkey bacon breakfast sandwich