Spinach pesto pasta salad is perfect for casual summer dinners, made with healthy spinach basil pesto, white beans, tomatoes, mozzarella and olives.
Spinach pesto pasta salad is a toss-it-together casual summer dinner, easy to make and easy to love. Pesto, cold pasta, white beans, tomatoes, mozzarella, olives...sounds delicious, right?
Making spinach basil pesto is quick and easy. Don't worry too much about exact measurements, just toss it all in the food processor and blend. Then make the pasta salad in 3 easy steps.
How to Make Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
- Make a batch of spinach pesto
- Boil pasta, toss with pesto
- Add in white beans, mozzarella, tomatoes and olives
Tips for Making Cold Pasta Salad
- Generously salt the cooking water to add more flavor to the pasta
- Don't overcook the pasta - no one wants mushy pasta salad
- Don't rinse the noodles. Instead, coat lightly in oil.
- If using pesto, thin it out with extra oil and/or pasta cooking water so it spreads evenly over the pasta
- Don't be shy with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon to perk up the flavor
This pasta salad is best eaten outdoors in the fresh summer air. Cross you fingers for leftovers, because it's also a favorite for lunch the next day!
More Pasta Recipes
- One-Pot Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Kale
- Pesto Salmon with Gemelli Pasta
- Shrimp Linguine with Arugula Pesto
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta