Baked feta pasta with roasted tomatoes is an easy, outrageously good pasta dinner. The cheese and tomatoes bake together in one pan - just add pasta!
Baked feta pasta has that magical combination of tasting both fresh & light and creamy & luxurious.
The fresh tomato flavor is a welcome change from jarred marinara. I especially love this pasta in the summer when tomatoes are ripe and sweet. This recipe also works in the winter though, since roasting cherry tomatoes can help bring out their flavor even when tomatoes aren't at their very best.
And the cheese! The combination of feta and parmesan with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs bakes into a cheesy sauce that's creamy and flavorful with crispy bits that have baked onto the pan (my favorite part!)
The baked feta melts and coats the pasta while also adding salty chunks of cheese that are a joy to bite into.
To make it this easy dinner, cherry tomatoes are roasted with a generous amount of garlic and olive oil and a deliciously salty layer of feta, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Heat oven to 425 F
- Combine cherry tomatoes, garlic and olive oil in a baking dish
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs, crumbled feta and grated parmesan on top
- Baked 25 minutes
- Add your favorite pasta
- Top with fresh basil or parsley
Then add pasta!
More Ways to Serve Roasted Feta and Tomatoes
You don't have to serve roasted feta with pasta. It's truly delicious spooned over slices of toasted baguette or garlic bread. I also love it served with white beans and a simple salad.
Another way to serve roasted feta is in this divine recipe for Shrimp and Feta Garlic Bread.
How to Bake Feta
I also like to serve a block of baked feta as an appetizer, without tomatoes or pasta. The flavor of feta gets sharper and saltier when it bakes, and the texture is both crumbly and creamy. It's addictive!
Here's how to bake feta:
- Heat oven to 425 F
- Place an 8-ounce block/slab of feta in the middle of a small baking dish
- Drizzle about ¼ cup olive oil over the top
- You can also drizzle honey on top, add fresh herbs, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, or cracked black pepper
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes
- Finish under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the top
- Serve warm with baguette, crackers or pita chips
Frequently Asked Questions About Baked Feta Pasta
Yes, it's delicious! Just place a block or two of feta (4 to 8 ounce each) in the baking dish and arrange the tomatoes around the cheese.
No, you can use 8 ounces of any pasta shape that you like.
Sliced tomatoes don't work as well in this recipe. Stick with cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes.
Yes, you can make this recipe without breadcrumbs if you want it to be a little lighter.
More Pasta You'll Love
- Greek Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- One-Pot Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Kale
- My Favorite Vegetable Lasagna
Does this recipe make you hungry?
for helpful tips and easy recipes