Crunchy broccolini slaw is made from store-bought broccoli slaw + chopped broccolini, red onion and creamy honey mustard yogurt dressing.
Broccolini slaw (also called broccoli slaw) is made from thinly sliced or shredded raw broccoli stems and carrots. It's crunchier than regular slaw and keeps well in the refrigerator for days without getting soggy.
It's easiest to just buy bags of broccoli slaw at the grocery store. I also like to add chopped broccolini, for extra color and texture, plus red onion for flavor.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy, fast, healthy!
- Broccolini slaw stays crunchy for 3 days or more in the refrigerator. Hello meal prep!
- Pre-chopped broccolini slaw is sold at most grocery stores
- Adding fresh broccolini stalks is optional
- The creamy honey mustard dressing is made with yogurt (no mayo)
Make This Recipe in 10 Minutes!
Just combine a bag of broccolini slaw with chopped red onion. Adding chopped broccolini stalks is optional. Whisk together the dressing, and this side dish is ready to eat!
Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
If you want mayo-free coleslaw, you'll love this creamy, tangy yogurt dressing. It's made from Greek yogurt, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey and apple cider vinegar.
It's a fantastic mayonnaise-free dressing for slaw, and it's also delicious over green salads.
If you like this dressing, you'll also love black lentil salad with sweet potatoes and maple dijon dressing and kale salad with creamy poppyseed dressing.
Add More Flavor
This slaw has plenty of flavor, but if you want to add even more flavor try adding one of these ingredients:
Ramen: Add dried Instant ramen noodles to make broccoli slaw ramen, and give the salad extra crunch
Slivered almonds: Add crunch and nutty flavor
Dried cranberries: Add sweet, tart flavor to the slaw
Chopped Jalapeno or Pickled Jalapeno: Make it spicy!
What is Broccolini?
Broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese kale. It has a long stalk with tiny buds of broccoli on top. It is sometimes called baby broccoli.
The flavor is very similar to regular broccoli, although a bit sweeter and less pungent.
It can be eaten raw, or cooked using the same methods as broccoli: steamed, sauteed, boiled, roasted or grilled. Broccolini is often added to stir-fries or pasta.
Broccolini and Broccoli Raabe are two different vegetables. Raabe (also called rapini) is related to both the turnip and cabbage families. It has long stalks and more leaves than broccolini does. It also has tiny broccoli-like heads at the top of the stalks, but fewer than broccolini does. Broccoli Raabe has a pungent and fairly bitter flavor.
More Broccoli Recipes
Does this recipe make you hungry?
to the Kitchen Skip newsletter
for helpful tips, easy recipes
& good conversation
Broccolini Slaw with Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
Crunchy broccolini slaw is made from store-bought broccoli slaw, chopped broccolini, red onion and creamy honey mustard yogurt dressing.
This healthy slaw stays crunchy for 3 days or more in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salads and Bowls
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 12 to 16 ounce bag broccolini slaw (also called broccoli slaw)
- 4 broccolini stalks (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion, or ¼ of a red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I like full-fat)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- Put the broccolini slaw in a large bowl.
- Slice the stems of the broccolini stalks very thinly, then roughly chop the heads. Add to the broccolini slaw.
- Add the red onion.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing until well blended: Greek yogurt, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and black pepper. You can adjust the taste to make the dressing sweeter (honey) or more tangy (vinegar or mustard).
- Pour HALF of the dressing over the slaw. Toss well. Continue to drizzle in dressing until the slaw is dressed to your liking. I usually have a little bit of dressing leftover, which I use on green salad later in the week.
Keywords: broccolini slaw, broccolini, broccoli slaw, yogurt dressing, honey mustard dressing
This recipe was so easy to make thanks to the pre-shredded broccoli slaw! It was the perfect light side dish for our dinner this evening!
Such a crisp and creamy recipe! Enjoyed this with dinner last night and it was a hit all around the table; even my picky eaters gobbled this up!
Oh yum! Such a delicious way to dress up broccolini slaw. I love all that vibrant color and it sounds incredible paired with the honey mustard yogurt dressing.
A delicious salad or side dish we loved every bite and will be making this often!
Such a quick and easy broccolini slaw recipe. Great for the summer!