A hearty and rustic vegan soup, made from a simple but satisfying trio of quinoa, corn and potatoes. Toppings like scallions, jalapenos and fresh herbs are a must for this Instant Pot quinoa soup.
Instant Pot Quinoa Soup with Corn and Potatoes is a soup for all seasons, a simple and satisfying dinner made from ingredients that might already be in your kitchen.
- Frozen or fresh corn
- Golden potatoes
- Water and stock (chicken or veggie)
- Onion, garlic, celery
- Poultry seasoning (optional)
- Smoked paprika
Toppings for Quinoa Soup
- Pesto (spoon into bowls after soup is finished - try spinach pesto)
- Sliced jalapenos
- Green onions
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
More Quinoa Recipes
Why You Should Try This Simple Soup
- Simple, healthy and affordable ingredients
- Only 10 minutes of prep time
- Soup cooks itself in a pressure cooker
- Easy for young kids and toddler to eat (see the reader comment below the recipe!)
- Easy to jazz up for adults, with jalapenos, green onions, cilantro, etc...
- Soup leftovers are the best! Especially if you eat lunch from home
More Soup Recipes
Does this recipe make you hungry?
to the Kitchen Skip newsletter
for helpful tips, easy recipes
& good conversation
Instant Pot Quinoa Soup with Corn and Potatoes
A hearty and rustic Instant Pot vegan soup, made from a simple but satisfying trio of quinoa, corn and potatoes. I love bright green garnishes in this soup, like scallions, jalapeno and fresh herbs.
Total Instant Pot Cooking Time: 12 minutes to reach pressure + 8 minutes cooking time + natural release
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: soup
- Method: Intant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Half an onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 3 golden potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized ½-inch pieces
- ¼ to ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed with water (the amount depends on how much you like quinoa)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 to 3 cups frozen or fresh corn
- Sliced jalapeno
- Green onion
- Cilantro or parsley
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Pesto (try spinach pesto)
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot. Warm the olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic and celery to the pot. Saute 3 to 5 minutes, to soften the onion.
- Add the stock and water, potatoes, quinoa, salt, poultry seasoning and smoked paprika.
- Secure the lid, making sure the steam release valve is in the sealed position.
- Cook on high pressure, for 8 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 12 minutes to reach pressure before it starts cooking.
- When the cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally.
- Stir in the corn. Let the soup sit for 5 minutes before serving to cook/defrost the corn.
- Serve, with toppings
If using frozen corn, the corn does not have to be defrosted before added to the soup.
Adding ¼ cup uncooked quinoa adds a decent amount of quinoa to the soup, and yields a soup with more broth. Adding ½ cup uncooked quinoa makes a thicker soup with less broth and more quinoa.
Rinsing uncooked quinoa under cold water before cooking it is recommended to remove bitterness
This soup keeps well for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: quinoa soup, instant pot quinoa soup,