Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are roasted to crispy perfection with maple-dijon dressing drizzled on top. Garnished with pecans and cranberries, this is a festive autumn side dish.
Roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with maple-dijon dressing is such a delicious side dish any time of year, but it's especially perfect during the holiday season.
These jewel-toned veggies are so pretty when topped with pecans, dried cranberries and sprigs of thyme!
This is also an easy side dish to make - the sweet potatoes and sprouts are roasted on one sheet-pan, making life easier.
You might also love this recipe for easy sauteed delicata squash.
Just 6 main ingredients: Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts plus a slightly sweet dressing made from olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and salt.
Toppings & Variations
You don't have to garnish the sheet-pen with fresh herbs, nuts and dried fruit but it does add color and flavor.
Pecans: Roasted or candied pecans are especially good. You can also use other roasted nuts like pistachios or almonds.
Dried cranberries: A pop of color and sweet-tangy flavor! Dried cherries are even more delicious.
Thyme sprigs: Instead of thyme, use chopped parsley or add sprigs of rosemary for visual appeal.
Bacon: Cook a separate sheet-pan of bacon along with the roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes, then crumble it on top before serving.
Arugula: I really love to serve these veggies on a bed of peppery arugula. The recipe makes enough maple-dijon dressing so that you'll have extra to drizzle on top.
Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions
Step 1: Cut Brussels sprouts in half and chop sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
Step 2: Whisk together olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, garlic powder and salt.
Step 3: Toss veggies in half of the maple-Dijon dressing.
Step 4: Roast 35 to 45 minutes until veggies are nicely browned.
Step 5: Drizzle the remaining dressing over the roasted vegetables and top with pecans, dried cranberries and thyme. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This dish can be served hot or at room temperature. You can make it several hours ahead of dinner, but wait to add more of the maple-dijon vinaigrette until right before serving.
More Festive Side Dishes
Does this recipe make you hungry?
to the Kitchen Skip newsletter
for helpful tips, easy recipes
& good conversation
Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes with Maple Dijon Dressing
Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are roasted to crispy perfection with maple- dijon dressing drizzled on top.
Toppings take these roasted veggies to the next level. Try pecans, dried cranberries, fresh herbs, crumbled bacon and/or arugula.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Optional toppings: Pecans or walnuts, dried cranberries, fresh thyme or parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. For easier clean-up, line two sheet-pans with parchment.
- Trim the bottom of the Brussels sprouts and cut the sprouts in half
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways then cut each piece in half lengthways again so you have 4 long wedges. If the potatoes are really wide, you might want to cut it into 5 or 6 wedges. Cut each wedge into 1-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cut sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and garlic powder.
- Pour HALF of the dressing over the veggies, mixing as you pour to evenly coat everything. Set the remaining dressing aside.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes out evenly on the two baking sheets.
- Roast 35 to 45 minutes, stirring a few times, until the sweet potatoes are golden and sprouts are crispy around the edges.
- Drizzle some of the remaining dressing on top for more flavor, or serve the maple-dijon dressing on the side. Add more salt to taste.
- Serve these veggies hot or at room temperature. To make it festive, garnish with pecans or other roasted nuts, and/or dried cranberries and fresh herbs. Crumbled bacon and arugula are also delicious!
If you're particular about the texture of your roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, then it's better to roast them on separate sheet-pans, so you can take each vegetable out of the oven when it's perfectly cooked to your liking. First, put the raw sprouts and potatoes in separate bowls and toss each bowl with some of the dressing. Then spread the sweet potatoes out on one sheet-pan and the Brussels sprouts out on the other to roast.
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, maple-dijon dressing